- This event has passed.
Water Reuse Workshop 2020 – Emerging Issues in Potable Reuse – 1/22
January 22 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$20 – $125
Water Reuse Workshop 2020 – Emerging Issues in Potable Reuse
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Workshop organized by CWEA’s Engineering and Research Committee
As California prepares for the next drought, indirect potable reuse (IPR) projects are being designed and built in dozens of cities.
What lessons can we learn from advanced water treatment facilities (AWTFs) already in operation? During this one day workshop, we’ll take a deep dive into the technical, regulatory and emerging issues that impact AWTFs.
Learn from experts, hear directly from managers and designers of IPR projects, and network with fellow water reuse operations and engineering professionals.
Technology, regulations and compounds of emerging concern are changing rapidly – learn the latest from water reuse experts.
- Welcome – Bryan Trussell, CWEA Engineering & Research Committee, Trussell Technologies
- George Tchobanoglous, Professor Emeritus, UC Davis
- Wyatt Troxel, WTrScience Group/EnerVention
- Scott Miller, UC Berkeley
- Alvina Mehinto, SCCWRP
- Scott Grieco, Jacobs
- Jean Debroux, Kennedy Jenks
- Lance Thibodeaux, City of Los Angeles, Bureau of Sanitation and Environment
- Understand the impact of declining flows on water reuse
- Learn about antibiotic resistance in microorganisms
- Observe use of bioanalytical tools
- Get an update on perfluorinated compounds (PFAS)
- Learn about research on the fate of chemical peaks entering water resource recovery facilities (WRRFs)
- Understand solutions to Disinfection-by-Product (DBP) formation
Register your team early. Includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Member $100 • Non-member $125 • Student $20
Registration by Eventbrite only. Note: credit card fee is added at check-out
Payment method is by credit card only. No refunds; changing the attendee is welcome.
Wednesday, January 22nd
Jacobs One block from Embarcadero BART Station
Four Embarcadero Center, Ste 3800
San Francisco, CA 94111
Workshop Program Questions: