- This event has passed.
Pumps 101 – 11/07
November 7, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm$10 – $100
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Operators, Maintenance Staff, Young Professionals, Engineers, and others interested in learning about basic pump issues. This training focuses on centrifugal pumps.
Cornell Pump Regional School
At the end of the training, attendees are expected to understand:
- The significance of basic friction loss calculations
- Comparison of pump and motor efficiency and their impact on cost of operations at a water/wastewater plant
- The most effective method for replacing a mechanical seal in solids handling pumps
- Steps to replace a bearing frame on a pump
- Methods for dealing with ragging and plugging of pumps
- What Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH) is and how it affect pumps
- Terminology and operation of a centrifugal pump
- General overview of pump types
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Registration 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM
Seminar 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Continental breakfast and lunch included.
Marina Community Center (San Leandro)
15301 Wicks Blvd, San Leandro, CA 94579
Phone: (510) 577-6080
Space is limited; Sign up early!
$10 for Student Members
$20 for Student Non-Members
$60 for Members
$100 for Non-Members
Earn up to 6 CWEA contact hours
Early registration is encouraged to ensure sufficient handouts are printed.
Registration is required by 4 PM on October 31, 2018.
A reservation is a commitment to pay. Click on the link to Sign Up Online
Make check payable to S.F. Bay Section, CWEA.
Online payment is accepted upon request; non-refundable service fee applies.
Mail payment to:
Linda Leong, SFPUC/Wastewater Enterprise
750 Phelps St, Bldg 850,
San Francisco CA 94124