- This event has passed.
Leadership Seminar – 10/15
October 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree – $35
Developing the Next Generation of Leaders: Insight into Great Leadership
What makes a leader? What is the difference between a manager and a leader? What roles do leaders play in the growth of an organization and its employees? Join us for a discussion on leading by example in the water and wastewater industry and the importance of developing the next generation of leaders. Laurie Brenner and Megan Yoo Schneider will share their distinct career experiences and provide advice for both young and seasoned professionals on developing leadership skills necessary for the 21st century, along with examples of how they have adapted their approaches to leadership during COVID-19. This presentation and discussion will be followed by a 15-minute Q&A session and an optional virtual coffee break during which we will break out into different leadership topic groups to continue the conversation.
Earn 1.2 CWEA contact hours. (FREE for CWEA SFBS Members)
Laurie Brenner, MBA, CQA, CHA
- Finance and Acquisition Services Coach at Union Sanitary District
- Wastewater Grade V certified in California
- Career Technical Education (CTE) credential from the CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Certified Quality Auditor and Certified Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Auditor with the American Society for Quality
- Past Chair for the San Francisco Bay Section of the California Water Environment Association’s Professional Development Committee (PDC)
Megan Yoo Schneider, PE, MS
- President and Founder of Seven Management and Consulting, Inc.
- Director on the Board for the Municipal Water District of Orange County
- National Science Foundation Joint Committee Member for Drinking Water Additives for System Components and Treatment Chemicals
- Chair of the Water Environment Federation Public Communications and Outreach Committee
- Vice President on the California Water Environment Association (CWEA) Board of Directors
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Aspiring leaders of all levels interested in learning new and proven leadership skills.
Thursday, October 15, 2020
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm (PDT Time Zone)
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Optional Virtual Coffee Break
12:00 pm Opening Remarks
12:05 pm Presentation and Panel Discussion
12:45 pm Q&A
1:00 pm Optional Virtual Coffee Break
1:30 pm Adjourn
Seminar Registration Details:
Click on the link to Register Online.
Registration deadline is 5 PM on October 14.
Cost: free for CWEA SFBS members, $25 for all other CWEA members, and $35 for non-CWEA members.
This seminar will not be recorded.
For more information, please contact:
Kevin Jim (510) 287-1608 │email@example.com
Claire O’Brien (925) 627-3384 │ Claire.O’Brien@leero.com